[Standards-JIG] Re: Summary of roster proposal points

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Thu Sep 9 07:23:33 UTC 2004

Hi Rachel!

Rachel Blackman schrieb am 2004-09-08 14:34:04:
> >1) Transport disco's the user's client (the transport should have
> >received presence from the user in question so it can do this).
> >
> >2A) If that client supports -93, the transport sends a JEP-93 packet
> >containing all of the users.  Goto (3).
> >
> >2B) If the client does not support -93, send a message to the user
> >telling them to get a better client :) Honestly, -93 is a big feature
> >that many client authors often over-look and it's darn simple to
> >implement. This could be the use-case that forces client authors to
> >imlpement this jep more widely.
> >
> >3) Use Case Ends.

+1 :)

> As I recall, -93 doesn't support any particular logic on whether or not
> to display an 'add user to roster' request.  I know I would go slightly
> nuts if I were forced to approve all, urm, 190 or so AIM contacts I
> have on my combined AIM rosters... but if a roster contact is sent in a
> message from another user, it probably should have an approval
> dialogue.

1. You can get all roster items to be imported in one jabber:x:roster
   message and therefore you only have to accept one import dialog.

2. It is up to your client to decide which jabber:x:roster messages have
   to be accepted by the user and which don't. If the client knows that
   you just registered a transport, it could auto-accept the
   jabber:x:roster message generated by this transport.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770       http://web.amessage.info