[Standards-JIG] Still not sure ...

David Waite dwaite at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 21:06:39 UTC 2004

Whether or not a different code-point representation could be
standardized on as being more universal in potential implementation
environments - the wire protocol requires UTF-8 support. It makes
sense that, if a size requirement is to be instituted, it would be
expressed in terms of the wire protocol and wire encoding format,
rather than specifying additional requirements to support other
character encodings and/or normalization requirements.

-David Waite