[Standards-JIG] JEP formatting (FYI)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Sep 13 15:16:13 UTC 2004

FYI, I have changed the JEP format to (mainly) use CSS1 styles rather
than hardcoded elements such as <blockquote/>. It seems this caused
problems with Internet Explorer, which ignores the CSS1 "white-space"
property. Before you complain about Microsoft shipping products that are
not standards-compliant, read http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#white-space
(which states that user agents may ignore the "white-space" property).
Therefore I've changed jep.xsl back to using <pre/> rather than a CSS1
property of "white-space: pre". If this offends your sense of separation
between structure and style, please complain to the W3C. ;-)

/psa