[Standards-JIG] roster synchronization

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Sep 15 20:38:17 UTC 2004

The consensus from this morning's Jabber Council meeting [1] is that we
are not comfortable with the presence-based solution described in the
Roster Subscription Synchronization proposal [2], and that we would
prefer to move forward with a solution based on JEP-0093 [3] or, more
likely, a revised version of JEP-0093 (which we would publish as a
separate, standards track JEP to supersede JEP-0093). We would also
prefer to find a solution that will address both roster synchronization
with gateways and the desire for "shared groups" as described in
JEP-0140 [4]. Obviously, integrating this with JEP-0100 [5] for gateways
would also be required. Since I am author of JEP-0093, JEP-0100, and
JEP-0140, I have volunteered to write a suggested solution here (i.e.,
the replacement for JEP-0093, the modifications to JEP-0100, and a
replacement for or serious modification of JEP-0140).

Peter

[1] http://tinyurl.com/5fbsp
[2] http://www.jabber.org/jeps/inbox/rostersync.html
[3] http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0093.html