[Standards-JIG] Re: XHTML further simplification

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Sep 22 16:58:41 UTC 2004

In article <D81303B7-0BFD-11D9-813A-000A958F753E at ceruleanstudios.com>,
 Rachel Blackman <rcb at ceruleanstudios.com> wrote:

> > ...the JEP is meant to address the styling of rapid-fire IM, not
> > the authoring of documents (which will be covered by another JEP or
> > XHTML
> > profile).

> ;)

Heh. So I take it that means you are in favor of the following:

1. Removing <div/>

2. Saying that nesting of block elements is NOT RECOMMENDED

And what is your position on whitespace handling?

Trying to achieve consensus here so we can move on and gain more
implementation experience. We can always modify these bits before this
JEP advances to Final.

Consensus good.

/psa