[Standards-JIG] privacy2 anti-SPIM proto-JEP

Bart van Bragt jabber at vanbragt.com
Mon Aug 29 22:10:36 UTC 2005

Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:
> 3. If the "suspicion level" is over a certain threshold (configered in
> the server, and optionally per user), the request is not honoured,

IMO this is an important part of this proposal. Quite a few of the other
proposed solutions are very black/white. Something is either good or
bad. With this 'suspicion level' system you can change the threshold
according to your need. Maybe we won't get that much SPAM because the
spammers are much easier to track down? Or because legislation improves
or because the average IQ of the users increases a lot in the next 5
years. Who knows :) IMO it would be a shame to just assume that things
are going to be really bad and thus resort to tactics like blocking
everything from everyone who's not in our roster.

Bart