[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 (pubsub) node configuration

Bob Wyman bob at wyman.us
Mon Jan 3 21:04:55 UTC 2005

Ralph Meijer wrote:
> I had thought a service would only sent a form (after node creation)
> containing the fields a client can actually change. For seeing the
> static data, the more complete form can be retrieved using
> disco#info's meta-data attachment.
	We've been returning forms that contain all the current
configuration items with the non-modifiable stuff in fixed fields. It seems
to work well for us and is very simple to understand.
	I'm concerned that distinguishing between the static and non-static
data is going to increase complexity significantly as well as require more
round-trips without giving us a great deal of benefit. Can you provide
additional justification for requiring that different methods be used for
each kind of data?

		bob wyman