[Standards-JIG] Re: pubsub revisions

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jan 19 20:58:21 UTC 2005

In article <20050119202505.GD22317 at localhost>,
 Ralph Meijer <jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 01:43:03PM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> > > That makes more sense.
> >
> > Well, or list-single -- in many situations a list might be more useful,
> > since end users won't know what to type for the namespace names. Perhaps
> > some recommended text for a Data Forms <desc/> element would be helpful
> > here?
>
> I'm not sure, because pgm also specified a field for holding a reference
> to an XSLT sheet for transforming the payload into x:data forms. I'm not
> sure if a list-single for pubsub#type conflicts with that idea.

Hmm, good point. In any case, both pubsub#type and pubsub#payload_xslt
would presumably be some kind of advanced configuration options that
would be hidden from end users. And I think pubsub#payload_xslt needs to
be a configuration option, too -- currently the latter field is shown
only as metadata, not as a configuration option.

/psa