[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Jingle HTTP File Transfer

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:47:17 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:
> Well, ICE itself is supposed to be reliable, no? :-) We need to be
> careful about how we define any variants of ICE (e.g., as a subset of
> the ICE I-D or as extensions thereto).

Hehe. It depends on how you define "reliable." ICE is reliable in the
sense that you can be almost certain to get packets across. It's not
reliable in the sense that you can't get *all* your packets across, or
be sure they arrive in order.

PseudoTCP is layered on top of ICE, so it gets each each type of
reliability. It should all be much clearer when I document it, which I
intend to document as a layer on top of the ICE transport.

-s.