Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jul 2 22:57:59 UTC 2007

Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
>>
>>> Forgot to add, change name from ver & ext to verh and exth ?
>>
>> Why?
>>

> Conflict with existing clients - too many of them in the wild dont use
> these semantics.

But introducing new attributes is backward-incompatible, no?

Given that both the 'ver' and 'ext' attributes have no semantic meaning
in XEP-0115 right now, I don't see why it is a problem to use those
attribute names. In fact we're adding semantic meaning with the hashes,
but existing clients should work just fine AFAICS.

/psa