Rachel Blackman rcb at ceruleanstudios.com
Mon Jul 2 23:12:56 UTC 2007

On Jul 2, 2007, at 3:16 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
>
>> Forgot to add, change name from ver & ext to verh and exth ?
>
> Why?

Because the caching logic is not identical; hash-forms are global,
rather than client-specific.  If Psi and Exodus have precisely the
same capabilities, they will generate the same hash and I should not
need to re-query it, even if they have different caps nodes.

That said, I think we can come up with some simpler logic.  If a
given token is prefixed with 'h$', for instance, we know it's a hash
and should be both validated against the result, and -- if it matches
-- cached globally instead of per-client.  But for backwards
compatibility, a disco on node#h$<hash> would still give you the
proper results, and COULD be cached on a per-client basis.