Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:06:56 UTC 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Rachel Blackman wrote:

> The two objections to caps are always that a) ZOMG someone can
> maybe maliciously pollute the cache, and b) we should have exts
> hardcoded so you never need to query ever and they should be the
> same across all clients.
>
> My understanding was that this proposal was addressing /both/; not
> only making caps something self-validating, but also extending the
> cache to be globally valid?

I wasn't trying the solve problem b, because I didn't see it as a
problem.  Still don't for that matter.  If you're on a low-size
device, it's an optimization that you can use.  I'm a little leery of
using caps from one client to represent another, but I don't have a
reason for that leeriness, near as I can tell.

--
Joe Hildebrand