[Standards] Generic name attribute for XEP-0147

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen at runbox.com
Mon Jul 9 18:27:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

There should be a generic name attribute to all actions.

Currently you can only specify a name to the rooster action:
xmpp:romeo at montague.net?roster;name=Romeo%20Montague

However there should be possible to add it to other actions as well.
Especially message and subscribe.

This would be useful for instance when I wanted to contact consumer support
from some online store:
xmpp:support-chat at store.comt?message;name=Store.com%20Consumer%20support&body=Hi,
%20I%20need%20help%20with%20productnumber#

I really cannot see why the specification did not include a name attribute
for the subscribe action either. It is so similar to roster, only with
added status subscription...

PS: Above URIs may brake up into multiple lines, due to email formatting
done by my email client.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen <aleksandersen at runbox.com>