[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: STUN Server Discovery for Jingle

Mircea Bardac dev.list at mircea.bardac.net
Sat Mar 24 00:52:13 UTC 2007

On Saturday 24 March 2007 00:17:56 XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:

> Title: STUN Server Discovery for Jingle
>
> Abstract: This document specifies methods for discovering STUN servers for
> use in negotiation of certain Jingle transport methods.

I might have been influenced by the whole PEP discussion... but... after
reading this short XEP, I couldn't help imagining how this information can be
published via PEP. A server-managed PEP-node, where clients willing to
discover such could subscribe be notified.

The thought came while noticing the bare simplicity of the XEP, thinking of
many situations when similar XEPs can be/are designed just to describe how
servers offer some information (which can change over time) to users.

Well, at the same time, we should be aware that over-engineering doesn't help
much.

Mircea

--
http://mircea.bardac.net