[Standards] Re: compliance levels for 2008

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue May 29 23:28:57 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Alex Mauer wrote:
>> What, did the folks running the SIPRNet write their own XMPP server that
>> only works on the SIPRNet?  Isn't part of the point of SIPRNet to use
>> standard protocols on a secure network?  Couldn't any implementation
>> (not deployment) that can be connected to SIPRNet also be connected to
>> the Internet, and so support MU-C via s2s?
>
> Technologically it could, but politically it could not (AFAIK).

Hmm, I think we're having some miscommunication.  When I say
"implementation" I mean like jabberd, jabberd2, openfire, ejabberd, etc.

All of the above could connect to either SIPRNet or the Internet.  All
of the above can provide access to MU-C service (via s2s) even though
not all of them have direct/built-in/internal support for it.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"