[Standards] Council on Stanza Repeaters without Multicast

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Apr 4 11:17:18 UTC 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Alexander Gnauck wrote:
> Pedro Melo schrieb:
>> Yes, that was not the point of this, it was only to show that this
>> problem is important now, and not "when we have 100k subscribers
>> in the future". The future is here now.
>
> Thank Pedro for pointing this out. I was looking at the pubsub
> nodes on jabber.org which is one of the biggest servers on the
> network. And I can count the current nodes with my 10 fingers ;-)

And I agree that pubsub is still a niche technology also. You don't
see many clients with direct support for subscribing pubsub nodes.
You are starting to see PEP support but not PubSub.

But I think that you'll see a lot of PubSub with custom "news-ticker"-
style clients real-soon-now ;)

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo