[Standards] Jingle drafts

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 15:58:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 09:35 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Olivier Crête wrote:
> > So most of my
> > questions on Jingle audio apply here too. It would probably be more
> > simple to have a single Jingle-rtp XEP  with a media="" attribution in
> > the content tag.
>
> > That would also give us free "text" type for
> > synchronized subtitles (there is some RFC about that somewhere).
>
> I can't find an RFC about this. Perhaps you mean the following I-D?
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schmidt-mmusic-media-dependency-00

RFC 4103 would be an example, although I'm not certain if having
text-as-rtp is really good for something like XMPP, making it
supportable would probably make gatewaying easier.

> > 4. Application format
> > Why is the height/width specified? Why most payload types, it can change
> > dynamically without the signalling being notified, for example in the
> > case of H.263. How does width/height related to x/y? Are x/y coordinates
> > inside a width/height sized area or is width/height the size of the
> > rectangle displayed at x/y ? In either case, both the size of the
> > picture and of the full frame should probably be included? And what is
> > the use case for these?
>
> I think we were simply trying to make sure that parameters communicated
> in the SDP were not lost on the Jingle side of a gateway.

I think in SDP those parameters are always per-codec (and sadly, each
codec specifies them a bit differently).

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Collabora Ltd