[Standards] Meta-Contacts: implementation notes

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Apr 28 10:02:14 UTC 2008

On Apr 26, 2008, at 12:01 AM, Remko Tronçon wrote:

>>  How is one person going to have two geolocs? :)
>
> That depends how you see geoloc. I see geoloc as being bound to a
> resource (i.e. my work resource could be in XA during the weekend, and
> should have a different geoloc than my home resource).
>
> Any type of presence, be it status message, type, mood, tune, or
> geoloc should be shown based on the resource that is picked to be the
> active one by the client. So, be consistent, and don't start mixing
> information from different resources: this is confusing, and most of
> the time probably plain out wrong. (e.g. if my work resource has a GPS
> and emits geoloc, and  my home resource, where I currently am doesn't,
> it would show that i'm at work).

Yeah... I touched this briefly in my reply to Kevin.

In a PEP-world, there is the need of a Best Practices XEP on how to
signal between multiple-resources which one of them should represent
the user at any given point in time.

Right now, the last one wins, which is a good default, but not always.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org