[Standards] shared XML editing update

Boyd Fletcher boyd.fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Mon Feb 4 22:51:03 UTC 2008

unfortunately its more complicated than that. You have to deal with lots of
changes happening at the same time and you need to have some understanding
of the data so that improper changes (like improper moves or deletes to
layers or pages) to the DOM aren¹t made.  in any scalable system you can not
rely on the client to provide correct data. you have to have the server
verify the changes are safe/correct prior to sending them out to the group.
a non-server based approach like SXE can¹t handle that well.

boyd