[Standards] XEP-0175: Contact Addresses

Maciek Niedzielski machekku at uaznia.net
Tue Feb 26 15:05:15 UTC 2008

Pedro Melo pisze:
> during the latest DevCon, one of the issues about deployment was contact
> addresses. The current XEP for that is 0157.
>
> I think that 157 breaks the current disco#info usage pattern. We use
> disco#info to discover which protocols an entity supports, not the get
> the information directly (exception for basic  <identity >). So
> receiving the entire contact information in the disco#info reply seems
> wrong, because on most requests, we don't need it.
>
> I think we should use a pubsub node instead.

If I remember well, disco + data forms were choosen to make this very
easy to implement (using basic XEPs), because this information was
considered very important.

Now, if you go with pubsub, we run into "where is that node?" problem
again. And for PEP you'd need to subscribe to server's presence..

--
Maciek
  xmpp:machekku at uaznia.net