[Standards] Whiteboard XEP, Gajim and GSoC2008

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 10 20:59:02 UTC 2008

On Mon Mar 10 20:54:27 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 wrote:
> > I strongly disagree. Out of band communications, esp if not XMPP
> based,
> > cause really big issues for most companies and governments with
> strong
> > firewall policies. > > our testing with using stream compression
> for whiteboards without images
> > indicates that for the average whiteboard used in typical
> meetings in-band
> > resync is acceptable even over slow comms.
>
> Example: You and 10,000 other people create a whiteboard. The
> whiteboarding session goes on for 2 months, night and day, with
> endless
> and intensive edits. After 2 months, you finally invite me to join
> the
> session. The initial whiteboard synced to my computer is 4 Gigs. And
> this is sent to me how?

I don't see it growing to that degree - if sent by SXE as things
stand, then quite possibly, but if it's handled by sending the
whiteboard XML document itself, that would seem unlikely. And if I'm
wrong, well, hey, 4G is 4G, so the damage is done.

I think that's a bridge to cross when we come to it.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/