[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0198 (Stream Management)

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Wed Jun 3 20:32:59 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 07:49:44 Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 6/2/09 3:42 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> > I don't think it needs to mention intermediate proxies - that one had me
> > bewildered until I realised it means transparent proxies between client
> > and server.
>
> I suppose it means things like BOSH connection managers. Justin?

I'm not sure about BOSH, but certainly any kind of plain TCP-based connection
manager.  If you have an intermediate client connection manager that does not
do acks, but your server core does acks, then you'd want to ensure the
connection manager doesn't try to be clever and filter anything.  IMO this is
a silly warning, and anyone designing a scalable server should know how to
design appropriately.  It's also more of an implementation note than a
security note.

-Justin