[Standards] interop testing effort

Artur Hefczyc artur.hefczyc at tigase.org
Tue May 19 07:44:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

I wasn't part of the discussion so please let me add something to it
before the meeting. It might be worth looking at.

As you may know I work on the Tigase server and also on
Tigase Test Suite. While the test suite might not be suitable
and convenient to use by everybody there are parts which
could be easily reused by any other project in any language.

http://projects.tigase.org/testsuite/trac/browser/trunk/tests/data
a simple example:
http://projects.tigase.org/testsuite/trac/browser/trunk/tests/data/PubsubGetVersion.cot

These are just simple text files describing what has to be sent
to the server and what is expected as a response. The TTS is
written in Java and part of the TTS code is a loader for these .cot
files.

Of course my .cot files have some limitations but this format could be
a good starting point and this way everybody could easily contribute
writing new test cases.

What is left to do is the loader and runner for these files which
could be
written in any language.

Artur

On 18 May 2009, at 23:30, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Artur
--
Artur Hefczyc
http://www.tigase.org/