[Standards] S5B and proxy connect errors

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Nov 13 06:31:47 UTC 2009

On 11/13/09 1:54 AM, Marcus Lundblad wrote:
> tor 2009-11-12 klockan 16:52 +0000 skrev Pedro Melo:

>>> [...]
>>> OK, the problem is a A THINKS it has access to a proxy but that is not
>>> the case. A never tried if the proxy works.
>> 'A' could try to connect to the proxy before announcing that
>> candidate...
>>

> Yes, but that wouldn't catch the case when something went wrong with the
> activation.

So this is only for problems connecting to the proxy (which perhaps
could be checked ahead of time, as Pedro suggests) or also with problems
related to activation (as you say, if the hashes don't match or the
proxy doesn't like A's credentials)? Do you think we need separate error
conditions for those cases? IMHO we can use <proxy-error/> for both.
Thus A would send something like the following to B:

<iq from='romeo at montague.lit/orchard'
    id='hx91j3s6'
    to='juliet at capulet.lit/balcony'
    type='set'>
  <jingle xmlns='urn:xmpp:jingle:1'>
          action='transport-info'
          initiator='romeo at montague.lit/orchard'
          sid='a73sjjvkla37jfea'>
    <content creator='initiator' name='stub'>
      <transport xmlns='urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:s5b:1'
                 sid='vj3hs98y'>
        <proxy-error/>
      </transport>
    </content>