[Standards] microblogging

Tuomas Koski koski.tuomas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 16:52:46 UTC 2010

Good Sunday Sirs,

2010/1/22 Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>:
> About 18 months ago we had a flurry of discussion about microblogging
> over XMPP but that conversation fizzled out. In the last few days, we've
> had some renewed interest in the old microblogging proposal over on the
> WS-XMPP list:
>
> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/ws-xmpp/2010-January/000206.html
>
> I'd like to bring this topic back in front of the Council and try to get
> the original proposal published as a XEP so we can foster more discussion:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/microblogging.html
>
> If anyone has input here, please do weigh in.

In the Buddycloud project we are doing things very close to this.  The
next version we are releasing in near future will be fully PubSub
based. The biggest difference we have is that the "microblogging" is
not on PEP nodes, but on "normal" nodes on specific component based on
XEP-0060. This is done so that any JID can be used (@gtalk.com,
@jabber.org, etc) to use the service.

It would be my pleasure to explain more what we have done. It has been
my plan to write a longer mail about the system as soon as the system
is out. I'll be also at FOSDEM and participating the "XMPP Summit 8"
to spread information what we have found and learned.

PubSub Rocks!

Br,
--
Tuomas