[Standards] Fwd: XEP-0301 Accessibility (resurrected)

Mark Rejhon markybox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:57:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Matthew Wild <mwild1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd love to - but I don't understand why this ought to be possible. If
> you (as a client) support RTT and are interested in receiving RTT
> attempts, why would you not advertise that fact?

I just sent a big message (Fallback Mechanisms).
I am designing for maximum interop and maximum adoption of specification.
The flexibility provided in XEP-0301 and the freedom of implementations
possible, while also simultaneously maintaining maximum interoperability,
encourages wider adoption, and improves accessibility.   I strongly feel
that that the fallback mechanism is a good design from that perspective.
 (and has precedent in section 5.1 of XEP-0085)

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon