[Standards] Login with OpenID

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Mon Sep 3 02:43:22 UTC 2012

Yes, I'm very interested in using the id of another identity provider that my XMPP server has a relationship with…(like an OpenID relationship).

I could use a mechanism to talk my server at   "JabberServer.com" and authenticate with an openID

I'm not sure if anything needs to be done here from a protocol perspective -- if the server can grab the user's OpenID (also in the form of "user at domain") and note that the domain indicates an OpenID, then the server would just contact the user's identity provider to verify.  Just like any other OpenID-capable server.

Of course, we could be talking about OpenID credential "establishment", in which case that might impact the XMPP "registration" extension.

Randy