[Standards] Using XMPP In A Mobile Environment

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Feb 23 09:17:19 UTC 2015

On 18 Feb 2015 09:14, "Sergey Dobrov" <binary at jrudevels.org> wrote:
> I've looked through the XEP and it seems to be quite wise to me still.

Thanks, but I think it could benefit from discussion about use of CSI, etc.

> So, generally, I'd leave XEP-0286 as is because it only has
> recommendations (which don't even say how server can know if the client
> is mobile or not?) inside and they seem to be still actual. But if we
> negotiate anything new, I'll try to prepare update to the XEP also.

I think there's probably a bunch of stuff we can usefully discuss there;
most of this thread, for example. Mostly I think it's several years behind
the state of the art.

Even if you don't feel it's worth adding anything new, then I think it'd be
worth tidying it up and moving it to Active.

Dave.