[Standards] File Transfer Roadmap

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Thu Jul 30 14:37:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 3:33 AM, Christian Schudt
<christian.schudt at gmx.de> wrote:
> 1) How to do offline file transfer? (see "HTTP Upload"-XEP)
> 2) How to send a file in a MUC room to all occupants/members?

I don't think JFT is really suitable for this in the general everyday
XMPP-IM use case, but I also don't see any reason why it couldn't be
done, and can imagine that it would be useful for specialized
applications.

I could see this being added to JFT, or I could see a separate XEP
being made which simply sends a message with a receive URI and a
mechanism for triggering a JFT session with the server (and provides a
way to initialize a JFT session with the server to upload the file).

—Sam

--
Sam Whited
pub 4096R/54083AE104EA7AD3