[Standards] 2016 Compliance Suites

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sat Oct 10 18:11:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Curtis King <cking at mumbo.ca> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2015, at 3:33 AM, Ralph Meijer <ralphm at ik.nu> wrote:
>
> I agree that the latter three examples are nice to have, but I don't
> agree that Carbons, Chat States or CSI are nice to haves at this point
> in time.
>
> Thats your point of view not mine nor our customers. That’s the problem with
> the XEP it has a very narrow scope, just like carbons.

I think it makes sense to remove chat states and delivery receipts
since they don't really do anything but give you a nice UI indicator.
Carbons and CSI however have real benefits (in the form of making sure
that a message gets delivered to the correct client(s), and making
sure we're not eating battery on mobile devices). So I've left those
in. The XSF may disagree, of course, but we'll see.

—Sam