[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0233 (XMPP Server Registration for use with Kerberos V5)

Mili Verma mili.verma at isode.com
Fri Feb 24 14:49:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

Please find my comments below.

> On 8 Feb 2017, at 22:50, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:
>
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0233 (XMPP Server Registration for use with Kerberos V5).
>
> Abstract: This specification defines the Kerberos principal name of an XMPP server. It also details a method by which a connecting client can determine this Kerberos principal name when authenticating using the "GSSAPI" SASL mechanism.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2017-02-22.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?

Yes. The specification clarifies the Kerberos Principal Name in the Microsoft SSPI environment.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?

Yes.

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?

Yes, Isode has implemented this specification.

No.

I have tested various scenarios including interoperability between GSS-API & SSPI, and the specification is in line with the results.

Regards,
Mili Verma