[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0186 (Invisible Command)

Ruslan N. Marchenko me at ruff.mobi
Tue Feb 28 18:58:36 UTC 2017

On 28.02.2017 17:27, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0186 (Invisible Command).
>
> Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP protocol extension for user invisibility.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2017-03-14.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
Not really, but is handy nevertheless for client implementation
> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?
Yes
> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?
Yes
No, security section list them accurately
Spec still refers to XEP-0016 and XEP-0126 however latest amendment
(probe blocking) directly contradicts to those XEPs making it incompatible.
I think it should be called out in interoperability section (Chapter 5).