[Standards] 2017-11-08 XSF Council Minutes

goffi goffi at goffi.org
Wed Nov 8 20:55:54 UTC 2017

Le 2017-11-08 20:20, Jonas Wielicki a écrit :
> On Mittwoch, 8. November 2017 20:02:24 CET Goffi wrote:
>> I was in favor of making formatting characters mandatory in styling,
>> but if
>> there is markup and <body> attribute, I think it's not needed anymore.
>
> It is, for clients not supporting markup at all.

No you don't get what I mean: I was suggesting to force client
supporting style to always display the formatting characters to avoid
content change, and to be able to safely ignore the style XEP. But if
the message can be explicitely marked as not styled (e.g. when sending
the output of a shell command), it is not a problem anymore that client
supporting style remove formatting characters (on the rendering, I'm not
talking about the content of the <body>).