[Standards] Call for Experience: XEP-0122: Data Forms Validation

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Wed Mar 21 08:25:17 UTC 2018

On 14.03.2018 18:29, Jonas Wielicki (XSF Editor) wrote:
> The XEP Editor would like to Call for Experience with XEP-0122 before
> presenting it to the Council for advancing it to Final status.
>

> During the Call for Experience, please answer the following questions:
>
> 1. What software has XEP-0122 implemented? Please note that the
> protocol must be implemented in at least two separate codebases (at
> least one of which must be free or open-source software) in order to
> advance from Draft to Final.

Smack implements xep122.

§ 3.2.2 overwrite a MUST in xep4 "A form-submitting entity chooses one
item from among the options presented by the form-processing entity and
MUST NOT insert new options.", But that is probably fine.

I really like that xep122 adds type information to form field values.
Not only type information, but also dependent types. Because of that I
see it as an important building block for IoT/M2M with XMPP.

- Florian