[Standards] Council Minutes 2019-12-18

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Thu Dec 26 21:05:05 UTC 2019

+1 on Proposed XMPP Extension: Character counting in message bodies

Please add a clarification that counting has to happen before encoding / after decoding XML entities. Having multiple alternative encodings for & and < with different lengths really makes this case clear, despite the gymnasts performed by some developers to somehow make it work. Also I *really* don't want a reference to begin in the middle of an escaped entity!

Also please clarify that 0245 offsets are to be counted based on the verbatim "/me " string.

Georg

--
+++ Sent from Mobile +++ http://op-co.de/ +++