[Standards] Feedback to Compliance Suites 2020
jonas at wielicki.name
Wed Oct 9 14:56:54 UTC 2019
Here’s my promised feedback to the CS 2020, specifically to the selection of
XEPs and their "levels".
- Should we really require both BOSH and WebSockets for the Web Suite for
clients? Maybe it makes more sense to require it both for Servers, but only
one of them for clients, possibly even phasing out BOSH. (Disclaimer: I’m not
a Web person).
- The XEP-0198 entries (Stanza Acknowledgement, Stream Resumption) can be
collapsed to a single entry in all cases, since both entries have the same
- I’d like to add XEP-0392 to Core IM Client, with an exception for clients on
- I suggest to remove the Jabber Component Protocol from Core Server.
- There is not a single file transfer XEP in there. We should add one or more
- HTTP File Upload (XEP-0363)
- Jingle File Transfer (XEP-0234)
I’m not sure how to group them in levels though. I tend towards putting
XEP-0363 to Core Client+Server (since it’s as of today the only way to
sensibly share a file in a MUC) and XEP-0234 to Advanced Client.
And finally, there’s a typo in §3: "fot developers" -> "for developers".
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Standards