[Standards] XEP-0313: pending 0.7 update review

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:20:01 UTC 2020

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 21:51, Matthew Wild <mwild1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> XEP-0313 is a well-established protocol at this point, but didn't yet make
> it to the next stage in the standards process. Time to fix that!
>
> I have made a final round of updates to incorporate the various feedback I
> have received from people who have implemented the protocol over the past
> couple of years.

I have just updated the PR in response to feedback here and in the MUC.

Changes:

  - Removed the separate iq for fetching a single message by id, this is
now done via the 'ids' field in the data form and supports multiple ids

  - Reverted the additional <gone/> error (the RFC defines this to mean
something else, and the information signaled to the client was of
questionable value)

  - Added an iq to query information about the id and timestamps at the
start/end of the archive, which can provide clients with useful information.

  - Clarified the intention of the rule surrounding use of the user's bare
JID in the 'with' query field.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and suggestions!

Regards,
Matthew