[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda for 2020-03-04

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Mar 3 17:49:42 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-03-04 at 16:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and give comments.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- ProtoXEP: Reminders
- Expired calls: LC on XEP-0402
- Calls in progress:

  - CFE: XEP-0066 (Out of Band Data), ends: 2020-03-10
  - CFE: XEP-0184 (Message Delivery Receipts), ends: 2020-03-17

4) Items for voting

4a) Proposed XMPP Extension: Reminders
Abstract:
This specification provides a way to set up reminders.

4b) Decide on advancement of XEP-0402
Title: PEP Native Bookmarks
Abstract:
This specification defines a syntax and storage profile for keeping a list of
chatroom bookmarks on the server.

(The last call ends today, so be sure to send in your feedback if you haven’t
already.)

4c) PR#898
Title: XEP-0060: Specify that empty <item/> are invalid on publish

5) Outstanding Votes

- There are a few, check the Spreadsheet of Doom and vote on-list as needed.

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 1600 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
20:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas