[Standards] XEP-0389: What username did I register?

Kim Alvefur zash at zash.se
Wed May 20 10:18:24 UTC 2020

Hi,

I would wish that at the end of registration, the server could tell the
client what JID and/or SASL username they registered. I can imagine that
there may be flows where your username/JID is decided by the server.

Examples:

-   Corporate onboarding might want to enforce some username policy
-   Quicksy could enforce your phone number as localpart
-   XEP-0379 / XEP-0401 token could include a reserved username

Since the SASL username can be different from the XMPP JID localpart,
support for reporting both would be handy.

Reporting the final value at the end of the exchange would also mirror
resource binding.

--
Had to write this down before I forgot,
Kim "Zash" Alvefur