[Standards] XEP-0389: What username did I register?

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed May 20 12:39:17 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 20, 2020, at 06:18, Kim Alvefur wrote:
> I would wish that at the end of registration, the server could tell
> the client what JID and/or SASL username they registered.

This makes good sense, my initial thought would be to add a <jid>
element similar to bind to the <success> element.

> Since the SASL username can be different from the XMPP JID localpart,
> support for reporting both would be handy.

I've never actually seen a system do this, and I don't think anything
else in the XMPP ecosystem reports the username, does it? It would be
nice to copy some other precedent, but I'm not against adding a
<username> field or similar as well even if nothing else does this.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited