[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: DOAP usage in XMPP

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Jan 13 20:45:43 UTC 2021

Where even are any of the values in this format defined? The DOAP link
in the proto XEP just links to a giant blob of XML which is not useful.

Every time I go through trying to create one of these I end up with a
million questions that I can't actually get answers to. This format is
not that widely used and isn't actually useful.

Just as a quick example, if I wanted to set the <os> property that I see
used in the example, what are the valid values? Or is it text? Can I
have multiple of them? Are they comma separated, or multiple elements?
etc. None of that is defined by this XEP, and I don't know where I would
even start to find out.