[Standards] Small animated video about the "Fediverse" (XMPP inside)

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Fri Apr 29 09:15:18 UTC 2022

Le jeudi 28 avril 2022, 22:55:12 CEST Jehan Pagès a écrit :
> Hello XMPP lovers and makers!
> [SNIP]
>
> Have fun everyone, and long live XMPP and communication standards! 😸
>
> Jehan

Hi Jehan,

it's very nice to see you here! Indeed XMPP should logically be part of what people call the "fediverse", and I've been advocating for it but some people for whatever reasons are arguing against that (see for instance the "talk" page on English's "Fediverse" article).

Honestly, I don't have time to argue about marketing terms with those people, but it's nice that you've put XMPP logo in your neat video, thanks for that.

As a side note, the ActivityPub <=> XMPP gateway I'm working on (thanks to NLnet grant) is progressing steadily, so XMPP and AP will not be splitted bubbles anymore very soon.

Thanks for your work on promoting free protocols, as well as the work on GIMP and ZeMarmot.

Cheers
Goffi