To all IoT members, I have included a recent presentation entitled "XMPP for the Smart Grid" that discusses the new ISO/IEC/IEEE 21451-1-4 XMPP Smart Transducers Standard. There are a number of groups in the standard community who are now becoming aware of the 21451-1-4 standard. The IEEE 1451.1.4 standard is being sponsored by Dr. Kang Lee at NIST chairman of IEEE TC9 Sensor Technology and sponsor of the 1451 series of smart transducer standard. http://standards.ieee.org/develop/project/1451.1.4.html I thought I'd share with you my Smart Grid Educational Series presentation including an audio recording: The SG Educational Series is hosted by Dr. Erfan Ibrahim who was previously with EPRI. July 16th 2012 Webinar presentations, documents and webcast recording http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72198676/SGES_071612_XMPP_presentation_william_mille r.pdf Smart Grid Educational Series July 2012 Webcast-20120716 2029-1 July 16, 2012, 1:29 pm San Francisco Time 1 hour 5 mins William Miller's presentation on XMPP for the Smart Grid, ISO/IEC/IEEE 21451.1.4 eXtensible Markup and Presence Protocol Interface (XMPP) Standard for Sensors, Actuators, and Networked Devices https://thebitbazaar.webex.com/thebitbazaar/lsr.php?AT=pb <https://thebitbazaar.webex.com/thebitbazaar/lsr.php?AT=pb&SP=EC&rID=5499267 &rKey=482fbd61e182b8f0> &SP=EC&rID=5499267&rKey=482fbd61e182b8f0 Please pass this information along to others and if there is any question please contact me. Regards, W.J.MILLER, PRESIDENT, MaCT, (301) 500-9277