[XMPP OpMeet] Vote on availability
Hey, Due to the numerous people who are interested in an online meetup, I have created a poll to vote on it. Please bare in mind I am based in the UK, so bare in mind if you are European you are a hour or two ahead, and if you are in the US/CA you are 5-8 hours behind. I am not currently sure what to do about the timezone situation, but seen as I am hosting this one we will centre on UK time (BST/GMT). Please vote: https://nuudel.digitalcourage.de/1IMTCkRid7Vgbmut Unfortunately due to conferences in September, I will not be available, so its either August or October. Sooner we can get a good number of votes, the better! Thanks, -- Polarian Jabber/XMPP: polarian@icebound.dev
Dne torek, 9. junij 2026 ob 00:44:39 Srednjeevropski poletni čas je Polarian napisal(a):
Please vote: https://nuudel.digitalcourage.de/1IMTCkRid7Vgbmut
Can you add some information to the description, so we can send it around outside of this mailing list and people know what it’s about? cheers, Matija — P.S. Please disregard the RSVP question in my previous e-mail. I wrote faster it before I saw this e-mail. -- gsm: tel:+386.41.849.552 www: https://matija.suklje.name xmpp: hook@campfire.wheremymonkeyis.at matrix: @hook:kompot.si
Hey Matija, I have updated the description of the poll, please could you review it to ensure it covers the bases you were concerned about. If not feel free to email me and I will happy update it again. Thanks, -- Polarian Jabber/XMPP: polarian@icebound.dev
Dne torek, 9. junij 2026 ob 14:07:04 Srednjeevropski poletni čas je Polarian napisal(a):
I have updated the description of the poll, please could you review it to ensure it covers the bases you were concerned about.
I think this works, thanks :) cheers, Matija -- gsm: tel:+386.41.849.552 www: https://matija.suklje.name xmpp: hook@campfire.wheremymonkeyis.at matrix: @hook:kompot.si
Hey, Just a quick update, I will keep the vote open until Sunday 20th June, and then I will call it quits, it seems 10th October is the preferred date. Please distribute the vote to anyone who you feel will be interested in attending. I have written the initial wiki page [1], the date can still change until the 20th June, the times will likely remain the same, you will need to convert the time into your timezone. On the 20th June I will call the CfP for discussion ideas, presentations and anything else. I will then timetable this into the agenda. Thanks for all the responses, and I look forward to meeting you all virtually! Take care, -- Polarian Jabber/XMPP: polarian@icebound.dev
Dne petek, 12. junij 2026 ob 18:55:43 Srednjeevropski poletni čas je Polarian napisal(a):
I have written the initial wiki page [1], the date can still change until the 20th June, the times will likely remain the same, you will need to convert the time into your timezone.
I assume you mean this link (you forgot to include it): <https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/OpMeet/2026.10> I also took the liberty to toot about it on Mastodon: <https://toot.si/@hook/116741887779020802> Thanks for organising this! I think it will be quite helpful :) cheers, Matija -- gsm: tel:+386.41.849.552 www: https://matija.suklje.name xmpp: hook@campfire.wheremymonkeyis.at matrix: @hook:kompot.si
Hey, Voting period has now ended, 10th October 2026 is now set in stone, it was the most available by a large margin. Wiki page [1] has already been created, I will be updating this in the coming days. I have also made a general wiki page for OpMeets [2], others can feel free to host their own just like XMPP sprints. If you have a wiki account and would like to contribute to the pages, feel free! I will divide up the agenda in the coming days. I will create a new thread for CfP/CfI. Thanks for all who voted. Take care, -- Polarian Jabber/XMPP: polarian@icebound.dev [1] https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/OpMeet/2026.10 [2] https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/OpMeet
participants (2)
-
Matija Šuklje -
Polarian