[Council] proto-JEP: Message Archiving

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
Fri Apr 30 11:01:08 CDT 2004

Thomas Muldowney wrote:

> I agree with this.  My question to this would be.  For part 1, what do
> you do in a case like Justin's JEP where it seemed to come out of
> nowhere?  I think it's appropriate that we ask for it to be on the
> wiki and s-jig for a while before it's move forward.  That begs the
> question of how do we judge the general membership desire for a JEP?
> Does it need multiple authors or an endorsement of some sort to move
> forward?  And this still doesn't define a process for when a number is
> assigned.
>
> --temas

The only ways way I can see for us to know is by monitoring discussion
about the idea expressed via the proposed JEP on standards-jig, and
(somewhat) via the JEP motioning process.  If nobody's willing to
discuss it, maybe it shouldn't be there in the first place.  But if the
members aren't interested in moving it forward, that's probably
something different.

-  LW