[Council] meeting minutes, 2006-09-13

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Sep 13 10:40:31 CDT 2006

Results of the Jabber Council meeting held 2006-09-13...

Agenda:

http://www.jabber.org/council/meetings/agendas/2006-09-13.html

Log:

http://www.jabber.org/muc-logs/council@conference.jabber.org/2006-09-13.html

0. Roll Call

All but Jack Moffitt in attendance, quorum achieved.

1. JEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe

Publish version 1.9? Yes.

2. JEP-0163: Personal Eventing via Pubsub

All Council members in attendance voted +1, vote still needed from Jack
Moffitt. Some discussion regarding node uniqueness and payload types,
but consensus that we need implementation experience before we can more
clearly specify a solution to this issue.

3. JEP-0059: Result Set Management

All Council members in attendance voted +1 (vote from Peter Saint-Andre
contingent on small changes Ian is making), vote still needed from Jack
Moffitt. Here again, implementation experience is desired in order to
work out further issues.

4. JEP-0175: Best Practices for Use of SASL ANONYMOUS

Vote still needed from Jack Moffitt.

5. JEP-0045: Multi-User Chat

Publish version 1.21? Yes.

6. JEP-0147: XMPP URI Scheme Query Components

Publish version 1.2? Yes.

7. JEP-0130: Waiting Lists

Publish version 1.3? Yes.

8. JEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication

Council consensus to deprecate this specification.

9. - 14. Proto-JEPs

Council consensus that these require more discussion and that it would
be appropriate for the next council to decide whether to accept these
proposals as JEPs.

BTW, http://www.jabber.org/council/tallies_05.html has been updated
accordingly. Jack, please vote on the list here before our term is up on
September 20. :-)