[Council] meeting minutes, 2008-10-15

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Oct 15 15:25:56 CDT 2008


Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2008-10-15...

Agenda:

http://xmpp.org/council/agendas/2008-10-15.html

Log:

http://logs.jabber.org/council@conference.jabber.org/2008-10-15.html

Scribe: Peter Saint-Andre

0. Roll call

Present: Jack Moffitt, Peter Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith.

Dave Cridland and Ralph Meijer sent their regrets, will vote on the list.

Quorum achieved.

1. Agenda bashing

None.

2. XEP-0053: XMPP Registrar Function

Approve version 1.4rc1?

Jack, Peter, and Kevin reached consensus on the approach outlined in
1.4rc1, and voted +1. Dave and Ralph to vote on the list.

3. Other specs to consider for advancement to Final.

Skipped (holdover from 2008-10-08 meeting).

4. XEP-0124: BOSH -- Approve version 1.7rc2?
5. XEP-0206: XMPP Over BOSH -- Approve version 1.2rc2?

Jack and Peter +1 per discussion on the bosh at xmpp.org list and recent
BOSH groupchat. Kevin to review those discussions and vote on the
council at xmpp.org list. Dave and Ralph to vote on the list as well. Given
that the bosh@ list is not the official place to discuss XEPs, Peter to
post to the standards at xmpp.org as a sanity check.

6. XEP-0080: User Geolocation

Approve version 1.6rc2?

Jack noted that the change may not be backwards-compatible, since
<error/> is deprecated so new implementations will implement <accuracy/>
instead and therefore old and new won't be able to communicate this
information. To discuss on the standards@ list.

7. XEP-0107: User Mood

Approve version 1.2rc2?

Jack, Peter, and Kevin +1. Dave and Ralph to vote on the list.

8. XEP-0108: User Activity

Approve version 1.3rc1?

Jack, Peter, and Kevin +1. Dave and Ralph to vote on the list.

9. XEP-0205: Best Practices to Discourage Denial of Service Attacks

Issue Last Call for advancing this Informational XEP to Active?

Jack, Peter, and Kevin +1. Dave and Ralph to post to the list if they
have objections.

10. XEP-0224: Attention

Issue Last Call for advancing this Standards Track XEP to Draft?

Jack, Peter, and Kevin +1. Dave and Ralph to post to the list if they
have objections.

11. Proto-XEP: PubSub Chaining

Accept version 0.0.2 for official publication as a XEP?

Jack and Peter +1. Dave, Ralph, and Kevin to post to the list if they
have objections.

12. Proto-XEP: PubSub Queueing

Accept version 0.0.3 for official publication as a XEP?

Jack and Peter +1. Dave, Ralph, and Kevin to post to the list if they
have objections.

13. Minor spec cleanup on Jabber Search and Result Set Management.

Skipped (not a real agenda item because not votable).

14. Any Other Business?

None.

15. Next Meeting

Wednesday, 2008-10-22, 20:00 UTC.

/psa

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/



More information about the Council mailing list