[Council] Minutes 2015-04-29

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Apr 30 16:10:49 UTC 2015

On 30 April 2015 at 16:35, Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> wrote:

> Room logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2015-04-29/
>
> 1) Roll call
> Kev, Philip, Lance present. Dave, Matt absent.

Sorry about that; I got stuck in a meeting.

> 2) XEP-0327: Move to Draft?
>
> Kev -1 as the Last Call changes aren’t merged yet. Lance and Fippo expect
> to be +1 once the changes are in.
> Council to vote again at next meeting, assuming the changes are published
> by then.
>
> 3) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/nsver.html - Accept as Experimental?
>
> Fippo and Lance +1, Kev and Matt to vote onlist. Dave preemptively put a
> -1 before the meeting.

Noting Kev's point; I'll remove my -1. We should discuss whether to update
it post-submission or not.

> 4) Top level non-stanza elements
>
> Flow requested that Council discuss whether it is acceptable for a XEP to
> introduce a new top-level non-stanza element. Consensus from the Council
> members present was that this was not verboten, and should be judged on a
> per-case basis. Further (interesting?) discussion can be found in the room
> logs.

The discussion was interesting; I'll post thoughts to standards at .

> 5) Date of next meeting
>
> 2015-05-06 15:00Z

I may be on a train for this one, but I'll aim to attend if the G's allow.

> 6) Any other business
>
> Flow commented that he wanted progress made on MAM. No Council actions
> needed.

Yeah; I think this would be nice, too.