[Council] 2016-07-20 Council Meeting

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:28:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

My outstanding votes are inline.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:

> ## Agenda
>
> ### XEP-0060: Be more consistent with reply
>
> MattJ appears.
>
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/106
>
> - Lance         +1
> - MattJ         +1
> - psa           on list
> - Dave Cridland +1
> - TObias        on list

+1

> ### XEP-0106: Update to use PRECIS and newer XMPP RFCs
>
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/202
>
> - psa            on list
> - Dave Cridland  tentative +1 pending psa's author review
> - Lance          tentative +1 pending psa's author review
> - Tobias         on list
> - MattJ          on list

+1

> ### XEP-0045: Define option name for enabling/disabling MAM
>
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/204
>
> - Dave wonders if this could be an update to XEP-0313 instead of XEP-0045.
> - Tobias wonders if this needs to be its own option or if `enablelogging`
> covers
>     the same use cases
>   - Discussion: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2016-07-20#15:22:05
> - All to vote on list.

-1. After the followup discussion with Holger I agree that there might be
use in such an option. Although I'd rather we'd name it technology
independent and more concept focused, like roomconfig_enablearchiving. The
descriptive text could provide MAM as example of this. Furthermore there
should be a some small text describing the differences in this new option
and the roomconfig_enablelogging option.

Cheers,
Tobi