[Council] 2017-06-21 Council meeting minutes

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Tue Jun 27 16:14:07 UTC 2017

Here are the council meeting minutes from June 26th. Sorry for the delay

1) Roll call
- Tobias (chairing)
- Daniel
- Dave Cridland
- SamWhited
- Link Mauve

2) Minute taker

Daniel

3) OMEMO

Even though there seems to be a consensus regarding merging the status
quo as a version of the XEP (PR #470) council decides to wait for
reactions on Tobias' OMEMO summary he send out today

4) Deprecating XEP-0146: Remote Controlling Clients
Daniel remarks that we already voted on that two weeks ago. Sam
notices that we don't have minutes for that. Link Mauve apparently
forgot to send them but still has logs.
Daniel and Link Mauve remember that we decided to 'obsolete'

5) Date of next
2017-06-28 1500Z

6) skipped

7) AOB

Daniel would like to advance XEP-0363 to Proposed.

8) Vote to issue LC on XEP-0363 HTTP File Upload
SamWhited +1
Link Mauve +1
Daniel +1
Tobias +1
Dave +1

9) More AOB
Sam would like to put out a call for more active editors. He thinks
"The process is and always has been too cumbersome, which is why I
think we haven't had more than one editor at a time recently, why
other active members don't do editor work often, etc."
The process needs to be more streamlined.

Tobias bangs the gavel.